Christmas is only a few weeks away. No doubt lots of people are already looking forward to the festive season, thinking about their Christmas dinner or what gifts to buy their families.
Christmas is supposed to be a time for joy celebration - but for too many people it’s becoming increasingly difficult, with more people than ever expected to need to use a food bank during the festive period.
Food banks provide a minimum of three-days’ nutritionally balanced, non-perishable tinned and dried foods that have been donated by people in the local community,
This year the charity committee will be collecting donations for the Ballymena Foodbank in the front foyer from 8:45-9:00 and during break from Monday 25th November to Friday 13th December. If you would like to donate any products please see the list of some suitable products below.
- Tinned Tomatoes/Pasta Sauce
- Lentils, Beans and Pulses
- Tinned Meat
- Tinned Vegetables
- Tinned Fruit
- UHT Milk
- Fruit Juice
- Custard/Rice Pudding
- Toiletries - deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes.
- Household Items - laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products - sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies - nappies, baby wipes and baby food