Cambridge House Grammar School Band has long been regarded as one of the hardest working bands in the Province.
High profile engagements have included:
- 3 British Empire Medal Ceremonies at Hillsborough Castle where BEMs were conferred upon the recipients by the various Lord Lieutenants of Northern Ireland.
- A Citizenship Ceremony at Hillsborough Castle for residents of Northern Ireland who were born elsewhere but who wished to become British Citizens.
- The Diamond Jubilee Dinner for all MPs, MLAs, Mayors and Councillors in Co. Antrim at Galgorm Manor hosted by the Lord Lieutenant of Antrim.
- The Battle of Britain Commemorations at RAF Aldergrove
- RAF and JHC Aldergrove Remembrance Services
- The RBL Festival of Remembrance at the Waterfront Hall
- El Alamein Dinner in the Sergeant’s Mess RAF Aldergrove for REME
- The Conferral of the Legion D’Honneur on Dr Syd Millar
- 2 Spring Balls at Ballymena Rugby Club
- 3 Duke of Edinburgh award ceremonies
- 2 Young Enterprise Award Ceremonies
- The Radio Cracker Carol Service for the past 12 years
- The Ballymena United Football and Ballymena Rugby Clubs’ Carol Services
The School Band has also performed at a myriad of local events as well as fulfilling our School obligations. The School Band has performed at major venues in the Province including The Waterfront, the Ulster Hall and St Anne’s Cathedral as well as performing with The Band of the Royal Irish Regiment, The Band of the Royal Irish Regiment (T.A.) The Band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland, The Band of the Royal Marines, The Band of the Irish Guards and The Central Band of the Royal Marines. The School Band has been NIBA School Concert Band Champions 5 times and NIBA Junior Concert Band Champions 3 times.
Alumni include the 2009 Young Musician of the Year Stephen Rankin, the 2010 Young Musician of the Year Craig Lutton and Craig Sloan who finished fourth. Many former band members are actively pursuing careers in music.